The General Store is believed to have been constructed in the mid 1920’s. It was located in northern Wayne County at the intersection of U.S. 581 North and Polly Watson Crossroad. The store remained in
About darrenThis author has not yet filled in any details.
So far darren has created 17 blog entries.
The Wiggins House is a one-room residence that possesses a hearth for heating. It contained no electricity or indoor plumbing. Water was either brought to the house from a spring, a distance of approximately ½
The Park Hill School structure was the third school of this name built ¼ mile east of Selah Christian Church in southwestern Wayne County. The building is indicative of the one-room rural school houses existing
This two-room law office was built in 1868 and was originally located in Goldsboro at 227 East Walnut Street, the present day address of Paramount Cleaners. This site is across the street from the Wayne
The Bethany Friends Meeting House, originally called the Falling Creek Friends Meeting House, was constructed in 1877 on property east of Cox’s Mill situated in western Wayne County. The first service conducted in this structure
Built around 1834 in southeastern Wayne County in the vicinity of Casey Mill Road and Emmaus Church Road, this building was originally a one-room school where classes were taught by Mr. Roberts’ sister. The school
This cemetery is the last remaining vestige of the original Waynesborough settlement. Built by the Churchill and Cogdell families, the cemetery contains six identifiable grave sites marked by head and foot stones. The grave plots